Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Do I now need to get counselling for Guinness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maureenmcl
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Do I now need to get counselling for Guinness Reply with quote

I got home from work early and took the opportunity to let Guinness off the lead at the Glen. Was having a great walk he met a 6 month old English springer spaniel and the game of tag was a joy to watch. As we finished the walk we met a Weirmaner who we have met before they enjoyed a game of fetch until Marnie got a little too attracted to my precious boy. I quickly put the leash on and left the owner who was a little embarrassed by his dogs attraction to Guinness. Embarassed
I then walked to the car park and as I approached my car heard pounding feet behind me and the frisky Marnie had returned he quickly made his attentions clear and mounted Guinness before I could react .his owner was nowhere in site ( we were about 200 yards from where we left Marnie). I played the pack leader role and pulled Marnie off Guinness and told him to go . He ran way and I got Guinness into car before he returned again clearly look for his amour
I clearly humanized this trauma and in telling my son and daughter later this was nothing short of rape!!! nothing like a little over reaction to get the blood flowing Razz Razz
I swear my daughter bless her wanted to go and personally take her pound of flesh from the lovelorn Marnie Embarassed Embarassed

After a number of really tasteless jokes from my son. I did wonder what the correct way to address this issue was. Guinness has been neutered so not sure if this has any bearing on the issue ?
Jack
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you did just great hun - so long as you weren't shrieking like a banshee at the time Very Happy but remained calm and assertive Wink

Boys often get...erm.....excited at playtime and mount another boy it's part play part dominance - Marnie won't be left in any doubt mind that YOU are the boss Razz

My girls used to mount each other and poor old Sykes at season time and even now on the odd occassion if she gets REALLY carried away playing Rosie STILL tries it on with Sykes but bless her she looks sooooo confused when she does it as if to say " how did I get here then?" Confused
Ross/Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Giles was doing the doggy conga with a boy collie (sorry forgot name!) all the way up and down the croy hill on sunday Rolling Eyes Embarassed Embarassed sorry!

he really needs to get his op ASAP! Laughing
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i think i know marnie from the kennels.

neutered mails can give off a confusing sent to other males, as they will not have the same testosterone level as they should have.

but i only have girls so im not sure how to work round this.

John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is normally a dominance thing not sexual ( even bitches will display humping behaviour).............you did the right thing..........you protected him and sent the other dog packing......textbook reaction.

john
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is soooooo spooky!!!! Shocked

After I finished my post pups were looking VERY playful - they had that glint in their eyes - especially Ella so I went to have a bit of a play before it got too close to bedtime - riot ensued in my lounge a tangle of me and the 3 devil dogs - pure BLISS til Sykes tried to Frenchie me - EWWW!!!!!! Love my doggies but NO way is that EVER gonna happen so I screamed - yeah I know - REALLY calm and assertive wasn't it? Rolling Eyes Anyway Rosie to the rescue - humped Sykes into submission!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sorry but yes, for a while I was helpless with laughter - she hadn't a clue what was going on or why!!!!! I stopped her but she must have remounted him 3 or 4 times - didn't stop the play though - I am now officially knackered but God I needed that!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Ross/Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote:
This topic is soooooo spooky!!!! Shocked

After I finished my post pups were looking VERY playful - they had that glint in their eyes - especially Ella so I went to have a bit of a play before it got too close to bedtime - riot ensued in my lounge a tangle of me and the 3 devil dogs - pure BLISS til Sykes tried to Frenchie me - EWWW!!!!!! Love my doggies but NO way is that EVER gonna happen so I screamed - yeah I know - REALLY calm and assertive wasn't it? Rolling Eyes Anyway Rosie to the rescue - humped Sykes into submission!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Sorry but yes, for a while I was helpless with laughter - she hadn't a clue what was going on or why!!!!! I stopped her but she must have remounted him 3 or 4 times - didn't stop the play though - I am now officially knackered but God I needed that!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Laughing

warning - dont skim read Jack's post and end on "god I needed that!!!!" Shocked Shocked

Laughing Laughing
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Colin
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROSS!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

You are SUPPOSED to be transfixed by my every post not admit to skim reading them just cos they go on so long!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto gets a hard time from intact males sometimes and it is totally a dominance thing - he's neutered, young and bouncy and just wants to play.

But he won't let them dominate him and is too quick and agile that we've never yet come to the point where we needed to step in. And a greyhound has never tried it on with him...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: