Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Glass down the Glen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Glass down the Glen Reply with quote

was down the Glen this morning with Hektor and noticed that there was a lot of glass, especially up near the railway bridge on the way back up to Abronhill.

Needless to say Hek has a cut paw, its quite deep and took a while to stop bleeding. He is now wearing a bandage and will need to rest him Rolling Eyes

Its the first time I have needed to bandage his paw and he really doesnt like it...he keeps walking backwards and looking at it Laughing cant wait to try and get a plastic bag on it for his next walk, that should be fun! Not sure if I will be at class on Sunday, will need to see how his paw heals.

Lisa
Jack

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRRRR - this REALLY annoys me!!! Our favourite walk has glass and squished up lager can along it at the minute, dunno where they have come from. Luckily none of mine got cut paws but WTF is wrong with people???? We haven't been out this week sadly as just haven't had the time OR the weather Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, back to Hek, hope the big guy heals up well hun.xxxxxxxxx
elaine erskine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: grrrr glass Reply with quote

Mad so so mad when i took angel to her favourite walk to the local park we have to go through a wooded area that brings you out onto the playing fields of the local high school the amount of glass was Sad rediculous Evil or Very Mad you cant go on any wooded walk now and I had to keep angel on her lead to guide her through the glass i am going to write to the local MP and complain we have beautiful walks and our dogs can have really good runs but only for the glass. have they moved the burnt out cars from the glen yet as Angel goes barking mad at them. Mad
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even in the 'relatively' secluded woods behind our house in Whitelees the walk through the woods I occaisionally take Hek on before I get to the Glen is littered with glass. The local 'young team' have even set up a tent (god knows what goes on in there!'). I dont mind them doing what teenagers will always do but the glass REALLY pisses me off!!! There is no reason for breaking bottles just for the fun of it, its not just dogs but the wildlife that suffers...rant over...will just set Hek on them. Twisted Evil

Lisa
Isabel

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asking people not break bottles when i've been passing them, probably doesn't make much difference but i'm not sure what else to do (well i have some ideas but they are not entirely legal!!!!!) I phoned the council last year but they said all they could do was to put more bins up, but i think they think it is funny to smash them. I'd be happy to go down the glen in the evening with other people to give these folk a talking to, who's up for it?
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
I've been asking people not break bottles when i've been passing them, probably doesn't make much difference but i'm not sure what else to do (well i have some ideas but they are not entirely legal!!!!!) I phoned the council last year but they said all they could do was to put more bins up, but i think they think it is funny to smash them. I'd be happy to go down the glen in the evening with other people to give these folk a talking to, who's up for it?

Dont think I'd be giving them a talking to in this mood!!!

Just had Hektor at the vets to get stitched up, he opened up the cut again last night after a mad dash up the garden. So he's bandaged AGAIN with antibiotics and restricted exercise until it heals. No classes for us for a few weeks. Sad

£160!!!!! AAAAARGHHHH!!!!! (Colin will go mental)
Jack

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO wish I was up there at this moment in time Lisa. Spitting angry here (and sympathetic to Hek AND your pocket).

I would willingly walk up there with you WITH Hek and my devil dogs and a dustpan & brush and force the little f***ers to sweep it ALL up. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLIN DID GO MENTAL !!

Colin
Jack

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry Colin!

At least Hek is sorted now - how about you pop up there and sort the little toerags causing the problem?? Wink
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass seems to be getting worse.....both Murphy and Tico have suffered cut paws this week Mad

john
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Buster were in our local park last night with a woman and her wee dog when a teenager smashed a bottle on the path, without thinking about it the woman went up to the boy and handed him poo bags and said clean that up, there are children and dogs playing here. The boy was so gobsmacked that she had pulled him up that he cleaned it up without a whimper!
Lorna

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done that woman!
elaine erskine
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass all over the country on beautiful walks seems to be a problem; yesterday I had Angel along the west highland way and threw her a stick into the beautiful stream which runs alongside think its the Allander when she yelped and came limping pretty badly onto the path again and the blood was gushing from her paw Evil or Very Mad yes she had landed on a glass bottle Evil or Very Mad she was yelping so badly that it made me cry Crying or Very sad the gash looked very deep so i had to clean it up and put iodine on it and bandage it up until I could get back to the car which was parked in Mugdoch Park 5 miles away she limped all the way back often stopping to lie down Crying or Very sad when we arrived home and could get to the wound proper i done what I would normally do wash iodine dress bandage; however i the morning she couldn't walk on it at all took her to the vets it was badly swollen they didn't want to stitch in case they kept infection in so now she not allowed to do any undue walking on antibiotics and painkillers and very heavily bandaged got to go back in 5 days my poor girl she was supposed to come to class on Sunday for the first time now that has been delayed. we need to do something about this glass pain as our beloved pets are being injured and it seems to be a big problem all over our beautiful countryside. Evil or Very Mad could we get a petition going and get it to our local MP's Question what do you all think Question

Elaine Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor Angel! Sad

I hope her paw heals quickly.

Lisa
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about Angel!!! Crying or Very sad

I HATE lack of consideration for other people and their pets and the mindless smashing of glass falls well into that category! Good on that woman for bawling out the chav she saw smashing a bottle. Sounds just like what I would do Embarassed I tend to speak first and think about consequences later when I see stuff like that.

A petition sounds like a good idea - at least you would all feel like you were doing something then - I just hope there's a decent result at the end of it. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: