Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
tattooing pets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: tattooing pets Reply with quote

ok i must admit i like the idea of clipping a poodles coat into shapes and pictures and making them a different coulor, but after a couple of weeks it can be clipped off or washed out.

my girls all have a tattoo on their ear but it is an identification number just like when you chip a dog.

this on the other hand is too far. i found it when i googled hairless cats.

Dave Rowland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ridiculous... leave the animals alone!!!
the fish looks printed and the some of those looks like photoshop... most look like tattoos, especially the pigs... stupid!!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These have to be Photoshop..........

John
Jack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of people "practising" their skills on pigs before so I'm convinced that happens but if these others are all real and not photoshopped.....well I just hope I don't meet ANYONE who either does the tattooing OR who allows their pets to be subjected to this. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Humans can CHOOSE whether to be tattooed or cosmetically altered - animals cannot and I HATE that "we" subject them to it for the sake of OUR vanity.

Right shutting up now.
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one or two that are definitely photoshopped, But the pigs are real, They are part of a Belgian artist "art farm"...

Quote:
Delvoye first began tattooing pigs in his native Belgium around 1992, working at the time on the skins of dead pigs. By 1997, he decided to explore the concept further. Thinking of the pigs as living "piggy banks," that is to say as investments, he began to tattoo designs on live pigs. The animals are sedated first, and then shaved and tattooed much as a living human would be to receive a tattoo.
In 2004, Delvoye rented a farm in China, where he wouldn't be hindered by prohibitive animal welfare laws and established his Art Farm project. Pigs are tattooed when they are young and the designs change and grow as the pig grows. Interested art buyers can purchase a pig, although Delvoye has noted that none of them have actually taken their pigs home to live with them. Some buyers have waited until the pigs dies of old age to have the skins turned into art, but others have preferred that the pigs be slaughtered and the skin stretched and framed. Delvoye has also exhibited some of the tattooed pigs as fully stuffed and taxidermied statues, sitting as he puts it "like a stone lion outside a Chinese restaurant."
The tattooed porcines can fetch as much as £100,00 (approx. $161,560 USD).

Source: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art59308.asp
If you google tattooed pigs there is more pics and info etc

Think it's fine for dogs etc for identification but the stuff in the pics is just wrong.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a serious note......plenty of dogs have an ID number tattooed inside there ears as a permanent means if identification.

john
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all three of mine have tattoos in their ears for id purposes and that is the only tattoo they will ever have!

to my knowledge it is done within a few days of birth and it is done with a clamp style tool.

for identification i feel this is acceptable.......however anything else is barbaric!!!!!
Jack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Janis......HATE to share this info but it's something I have just been made aware of by a Rescue dealing with people in Sheffield (NOT restricted to that area I hasten to add, just that's the specific one that was told to me) IF a dog is stolen by an unsavoury character and IF that dog is chipped and/or tattooed .....what the thief does is cut out the chip with NO anaesthesia OR disinfectant and they also cut off ears or tattooed skin. Again without anaesthesia etc. You can imagine the pain for the dogs Evil or Very Mad So I have to question....how effective these things are and are we lining our dogs up for future pain? This is particularly important for my breed you understand where it is VERY common to see cropped ears (something I absolutely DETEST!). As it can be "normal" for dogs to appear that way no alarm bells ring Crying or Very sad The idea is sound but scumbags will ALWAYS find a way around the things we try to do to protect our babies.

Dunno about the cats and dogs but I've just read that it is becoming quite a fad to tattoo fish Evil or Very Mad Apparently quite a lot are dying after severe pain and infection sets in as the tatooing can kill their scales forcing them to rot and drop off leaving open wounds and infections Crying or Very sad

Can't "man" just leave animals to BE animals and STOP tarting them up for his own amusement and obssessions? I've no problem whatsoever in dressing them up occassionally - so long as pooch is happy with that, my Sykes hates it so he rarely gets dressed up but the girls love the attention it gets them so humour us with good grace.

Clipping and dyeing.......well I'm not fussed on it. I think the dogs look a bit ridiculous at times and feel for them. The clipping - no problem but the dyeing - well that COULD cause medical problems if they have skin allergies or the dye is even mildly toxic to them so don't like that for that reason.......right little blooming killjoy today aren't I? Embarassed
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know about this jack.....all of mine are tattooed on their ears also Rolling Eyes ......however they are never out without me or kendal!

i also know that some breeders tattoo on the tummy.....not sure if it's as easy and i assume the puppies must have loose skin around the tummy area to be caught in the clamp!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: