Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
new to this hi troops!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbilly78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: new to this hi troops! Reply with quote

hi everyone, just joined as i have bought a new pet dog, a cracker of a rottie one and a half years old and a pedigree, he goes by the name of blaze. shall try get some pics on soon, any fellow rottie owners that wants to share pointers will be more than welcome!
cheers,
billy.[img][/img]
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Billy welcome to the forum..........lots of rottie owners here......look forward to the photos.

john
Jo (Kai's mummy)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Billy, I don't have a rottie but my name's Jo & I have a 14month old German Shepherd cross called Kai.Look forward to seeing you & Blaze on the forum & perhaps at classes or walks. Jo
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey welcome, looking forward to seeing photos of your boy.

bigbilly78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: thanks for the welcome. Reply with quote

hi, jo and kendal thanks for the welcome, been really busy trying to get blaze settled in, went to a really dirty dear pet shop called Mutley and Mog in annisland, ended up spending £100 just for a few bits and bobs for blaze, going to try teach blaze the basics myself so when we join class i`m not getting a reddi and we can hit the ground running, with training! great having a dog in the house again just getting up in the morn to be welcomed by a wee cheeky face and a wagging tail, is brill! i look forward to meeting you all especially the nice long walks as i could be doing with a little more exercise! lol not done any since leaving the army and starting to get a wee beer gut! lol.
bye for now,
Billy.
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: new to this hi troops! Reply with quote

Welcome Billy, My mum (Jacquie) and I have 3 dogs, One being a rottie called Kodi, He just turned 3 years old on the 31st of March. We also have Rose 4 yr old border collie and Z an 11 month old gsd.

Look forward to seeing some pics/meeting Blaze(and you of course Laughing)at class or on walks. You should come along to class soon. Every body's dogs act up now and again and everyone is use to it and understands.... I've got Rose who will do circles or try to herd the other dogs every time she goes to class, Z will disappear during recalls to find whichever one of us isn't doing the class with him and Kodi, he's been off for a few months with skin problems but before his break he would stop in the middle of recalls and drop to the ground and either play dead or roll all over the middle of the hall EVERY week Embarassed Laughing Laughing Failing that he would go to John to try and lick him to death as Kodi loves John

bigbilly78 wrote:
any fellow rottie owners that wants to share pointers will be more than welcome!

They love to horde (most of the ones I've met/spent time with do anyway) I could go look in Kodi's bed right now and there would be some of my socks, paper(kitchen roll, cardboard tube from the kr, envelopes he's stole etc), little bits of toys that Z has killed and some food/treats for a rainy day.

So if Blaze takes a liking to anything paper I would put all important paper things out his reach Laughing

They can be totally serious and totally focused one second and then just act like a clown the next...they are excellent at the sad puppy eye look...and so far Kodi still acts like a puppy some of the time..he does this cute bunny/lamb hop thing

Definitely very intelligent breed and eager to please, You need to be a strong pack leader when you have a rottie and know that they know you are in charge and not them... But if you put in the work/time/training then you can/will end up with a fantastic dog. They also seem to know when to be all cuddly or when to clown around etc.

Kodi's our first rottie, but spent a lot of time with about 10-12 of them for a year before we got Kodi, He has some issues but we're working on them but other than those he has been one of the best dogs we've had... Would love to have another rottie (a girl this time) but can't get another just now but when we can pretty sure it will be a rottie Very Happy
Trace
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome billy & blaze.

I'm a rottie fan but don't have one. I have 2 dogs JD a cross gsd/rottie and Bracken a heinz 57 variety from the dogs trust.

The down side to having a big dog when out for a walk is the frightened looks you get from people and the horrible comments - and that's when my dogs are on the lead!!!!

You'll love the classes and the group walks.

Might see you out walking in the carbrain area, I live there too although I usually do an about turn if I see someone coming towards us with a dog. lol

trace
shirley c

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Smile
I dont have a rottie, tho have a ridgeback and know the reputation you can have with having a big 'scarey' dog a wee dog barks
and jumps at folk, can be looked on as funny, if a ridgeback, rottie or gsd dog does then its baaad Rolling Eyes

apart from that you have a gorgeous, handsome dog Very Happy
Anne F

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome

We have a 3yr old GSD Snoop

Maybe see you and Blaze at class or on one of the walks

Anne Jennifer And Snoop
kendal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh blaze is lovely, i think he is the fist rottie i have seen with white on his chest, that is very unusual.

shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allan was raging when we took puppy luka to the vets and then vet said 'is he a cross' allan 'no!!' vet 'oh i ddnt know they had white on them' .....I thnk
it was funny, but you know Allan, he took it as in insult Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: