Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Broken glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jo (Kai's mummy)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Broken glass Reply with quote

Why do some mindless morons have to smash their bottles after drinking their booze? Kai has had a horrific injury to his paw as a result of this( My old dog Mica has already had a really badly cut paw in the exact same location in our woods). I did warn my daughter not to walk there but you know what its like .... in one ear.....
Anyway, Kai has torn his tendon and now has a badly deformed toe which will never heal. I have never seen so much blood - I honestly thought he was going to bleed to death ! It was awful. He's not enjoying being bandaged up & I have to replace it every day as he keeps chewing it off.I didn't want to inflict a lamp shade collar on him as well as he is very depressed. He is on the mend though so hopefully he'll be out & about soon. No thanks to those morons. I just wish they could see the damage they do with their stupidity and selfishness. Cheers everyone .Thanks for listening to my rant.....lol. Jo x
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only they would sell buckfast in plastic bottles!!!!!

Hope Kai is better soon!
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaarghh!!

I know exactly what you mean, someone should make them walk barefoot over their broken glass and see how they like it Evil or Very Mad

Hope Kai's paw heals soon

Lisa
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry to here about Mica, it is ridiculous the amount of glass about. hope she heals quickly

LynnD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive started taking a spare bag with me on my usual walks and pick up the glass as I go. I think the good weather is bringing out all the "kids" with their glass bottles as there seems to be more glass than ever just now.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a constant problem..............a while back I had a meeting with Buckfast's Scottish PR man to discuss the problem........what a waste of time that was!

john
allie_jane
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nightmare - last night Jake came back from his walk with a cut on his front left paw, and this morning Tess got one on her front right..

I could throttle the little buggers - they just don't think of the pain they cause to the dogs - and lets not forget half a day off work, vets bills, and keeping to manic spaniels quiet and still for a week..

Tess's paw is fine - it bled a lot but it's at the side of her pad so it's closing well by itself - Jake had a whopping piece of glass in his (which is why he wouldn't put it down) but he also seems fine - no stitches or anything like that required.

You get scared to take them out!!

A
amandawhitelaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisa i agree with you make them walk over it. You can now get the lampshade neck thing in a material which is much softer.
heather n luke
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jo! i hope kai is ok. its a nightmare when something like that happens. it happened to luke about 2 years ago and his pad was hanging off they said he missed the tendon by a hairs breadth. it just aint funny. the poor dogs dont understand that if there is a bit of glass lying that it is unsafe to walk on.

last summer around my bit a woman who has a ridge back and who does the local youth club did a big 1 week clear up, which involved dog owners and a lot of the local young ones going around the local parks and walk ways clearing up all of the glass. that way the young one saw first hand the damage they were doing. so to be fair the glass around our where it is normally bad is not too bad. also when that happened bins were put where the most glass was found. and it was also stressed to the young ones that we didnt care where they drank but if once they were finished if they could put there bottles in the bin or even just leave them unsmashed. so the glass doesnt seem too bad yet.

but like everywhere else because of local community centre closures the youth club is now stoped so no doubt next yera when a new generation of kids come along things will just be as bad as ever.
Jo (Kai's mummy)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Broken glass Reply with quote

Hi Heather, I know its a real pain. Its frustrating because alot of them just don't think of the consequences of smashing the bottles. I like to think that most of them don't do it deliberately to cause harm.
Kai's limp is terrible & I think it may be permanent as the wound has healed but his paw is deformed & may be causing the limp ( as it must be awkward to walk on). I am so upset as he is only 17 months & maybe he'll have this limp forever. He's feeling alot happier though now that he's getting out a bit.
Hope Luke & Skye are well & look forward to seeing you in August. Jo x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: