Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Not at class tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Not at class tomorrow Reply with quote

Hi won't be in class with angus tomorrow as we are picking up new puppy. Lovely little yellow lab girl!!! Am I mad or what!!!!!
Jean
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

can't wait to meet the new puppy.........I would introduce Angus to the puppy on 'neutral' ground.....not his house.

john
jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He s met her twice. Puppy from people who live near by. Got cage set up so slow small meetings in house
jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do u suggest tain Angus to pick up pup. Only 3 minute walk away
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww lovely!! Can't wait to meet her. Are you bringing her along to class? How did the introductions go??
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well how did it go, how is Angus with her. what have you called her, do you have any photos?.

jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Angus and pup Reply with quote

Puppy is called breagha. She s quite exhuberant which Angus does not appreciate. Quite a few growls snarls and snaps!!! He s had a few wee sniffs at her. She s in cage in kitchen and sometimes he charges at cage- I m perciviering with him. I keep a lead on him in garden but let it trAil. I keep hold of breaghas lead so she doesn't get too in his face. Been reading lots about new puppy older dog and most say it takes time but eventually calms down. I hope so!! I suppose he s a bit jealous as this new comer looks like she s knocked him off his thrown. She seems laid back about it all and barks back at him. Have you any suggestions to help them bond?
jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Video of breagha Reply with quote

jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwp_ZyYcIxY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtu.be/kwp_ZyYcIxY

aww she looks so big.

i know a woman with 2 cavapoos she almost regreted getting the second one as her first hated him. it was about 3 months before they became best buds. not they are fine with eachother, but she did have a bit of a rugh time to start with but they got there in the end.

cant wait to meet her

jean
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Angus and breagha Reply with quote

Thanks for sorting out video for me Kendal. You're right . She is big. Massive paws!! Good to hear someone with similar problems has resolved it. Do you think it would be a good idea to muzzle Angus when I put together for short time in house as I think he would bite given opportunity as he is very jealous. Did that tonight and he came over quite happily sniffing her all over and I didn't have to worry about him hurting her. Afterwards when I took muzzle off and had both in garden he let her come over to him and sniff his face with no sighnmof previous snarling and lunging at her. I know there's still a long way to go- small steps but hopefully we ll achieve harmony he is so good with all the females at class so think he's feelin put out . Keeping his routine the same with lots of praise when he s good . Breagha been great with toilet training. Whines and barks to get outside in garden to toilet. Her next vaccines are 31st may then vet says she can go out weeknlater so will need to start her in puppy class then. Hope to come to clas with angus this sunday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: